Monday, October 20, 2008

Why I am a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN!

With the election coming up, there is so much talk about politics all over the place. Some people would never discuss this subject because of the fights it might cause. I would never put anyone down for things they believe in, but I see no problem with having a discussion about it. I feel very strongly about my own beliefs and that is why I am posting about it.
I still have a lot to learn about politics, but I would like to post some of my views on how I feel about this subject right now...

I have been a conservative republican since I first registered to vote when I was 18.
Why? Honestly, because my dad told me I should. Back then, I had absolutely ZERO knowledge of politics and didn't even know the difference between Republican and Democrat; Liberal and Conservative and with my dad being so knowledgeable about it, I went along with whatever he said.

I remain a conservative republican now that I have learned enough to establish my own thoughts and beliefs.

My beliefs are very simple. I believe in a smaller government, self reliance and personal responsibility. I believe the government can give you a hand up, but shouldn't be giving hand outs. I believe our government has 2 functions. To protect us against our enemies and then get out of our way. Over regulation and mandates which are intended to "share the wealth" have never worked before and never will. I believe the money you earn is yours and the government should take only as much as needed to secure peace and well being.

These are very simple concepts. I base my decision on the candidates who come closest to my beliefs. There is nothing anyone can say or do to change my beliefs no matter how well spoken or knowledgeable they think they are.
Again, these are MY views. I am well aware there are people who might not believe in the same things I do. I am in no way trying to "bash" or go against what anyone else believes in. I am simply just stating my own beliefs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is great Melissa. My views are the same as well. Very well written I give you thumbs up girl and a hand over my heart unlike Senator Obama and his flag burnings unreal.