
Most Heroes wear capes. Mine wears Kevlar.
•When he’s home safe in my arms, my world is complete; I cherish this man, who makes my heart skip a beat. Every day he will put his life on the line to make things better for people like you. So he's not "just a cop" but a HERO to me... Always my angel in blue• _________________________
"Daddy's Badge"
Daddy's Badge, Oh, how it shines,
And maybe one day, so will mine.
I watch each day, as he pins it to his chest.
And I know his will shine brighter than all the rest,
Because Daddy's badge is a beacon, you see,
Because Daddy's badge is a beacon, you see,
A beacon for all the Angels sent from Mommy and me;
Sent to keep watch and make sure he's all right,
So Daddy can come home safely to us each night.
_________________________
"Does He Know?"
Does he know...
How my heart beats when he walks out the door,
Into a world with many cares its apathy and so much more?
Does he know...
Does he know...
How often I think of him and whisper a little prayer,
That God will gently take his hand and lead him in His care?
Does he know...
Does he know...
How my eyes light up when I hear him on the phone,
And feel the sense of reassurance that he's close to coming home?
Does he know...
Does he know...
That I wear a smile when I see him walk through the door,
And that I'm glad he thinks our family is worth his fighting for?
Does he know...
Does he know...
How much I need him, and the joy I feel inside,
To be the wife of a deputy I'll cherish my job by his side?
_________________________
"Loving a Police Officer"
Watching my love put on his uniform,
Watching my love put on his uniform,
I catch the glint off the badge which adorns.
Checking his gun, adjusting his belt,
Anguish begins to build like the other nights I've felt.
I know his job is to protect and to serve,
I know his job is to protect and to serve,
And my mind knows good men are what the force deserves.
But selfishness enters with matters of the heart and so why him?
To put his life on the line for so many unappreciative women and men.
But that one difference is all he wants to make,
But that one difference is all he wants to make,
From easing some abuse to giving a lucky motorist a break.
So when his hand reaches for the door to begin his night,
Only God knows what will be his plight.
I can only hope he knows of all my love,
I can only hope he knows of all my love,
And in another breath say a prayer to God above.
Keep him safe as well as his other fellow brothers,
May they all return to their wives, husbands, and mothers.
But in the night I know a siren will wail,
But in the night I know a siren will wail,
For the call of duty will always prevail.
Injustice seems to need no rest or sleep,
But instead constantly lurks in the shadows deep.
Nothing matches the feeling at the end of his work day,
Nothing matches the feeling at the end of his work day,
When he reaches out to touch me in the bed where I lay.
Peace reaches my soul and I thank God again
For bringing my love safely back to me, our family, and friends.
_________________________"Safe at home"
I kiss you goodbye and give a smile,
As you drive away, I pray out loud.
A prayer I said out loud for you,
And all the others who wear the blue.
Keep them safe as they must protect,
Keep them safe as they must protect,
Keep them strong as they wear their vest.
The job they do most wouldn't have,
Still they continue to wear the badge.
As I lay down with my thoughts of you,
As I lay down with my thoughts of you,
I toss and turn til way past two.
The lights I see coming up the drive,
And now I can release a small sigh.
Safe at home once again,
Safe at home once again,
Please Lord, let tomorrow have the same end........
_________________________
"A police officers little boy"
"..And watch over my dad who is out chasin bad guys;
and bring him home safe and quick...
...with a pizza" :)
2 comments:
I love it!!!
That is so nice!! I love them all!
Post a Comment