Wow, what a hectic weekend! I am completely exhausted... I am running on very little sleep since Friday and being so worried about my little baby definitely does not help.
Friday night, our little Giovanni got a temperature of 103.3 and started to throw up. I was able to get his fever down with infants tylonol and a luke warm bath. Saturday, I thought he was feeling better, I was able to keep his fever down and he did not throw up anymore. Saturday night however, his fever returned, only this time, I was having a really hard time getting it down, even with tylonol and baths. I also noticed a little rash on his legs and his left cheek was so incredibly red... so I started to get really worried, I knew he would have to be seen and I did not want to wait until Monday because at this point, he didn't even want to drink his juice and he was feeling terrible.
Sunday morning, both of his cheeks were red and the rash on his legs got worse. I knew something had to be done so we took a trip to the ER and our poor child had to be hooked up to an I.V. because he was dehydrated. I swear this hospital visit took years off my life, that's how upset I got. Thankfully, we were only there for about 4 hours and I was so grateful they were able to get fluids into him. Once he was hydrated, he started feeling better and by the end of the visit, he was drinking his juice and eating ice pops.
Their diagnoses was "5th disease" or as some call it, "slapped cheek".
This is basically just a viral illness that needs no antibiotic and should go away within the next few days. Praise GOD it was nothing serious! I just have to make sure my baby stays hydrated. His last fever was this morning and I am praying it never returns.
We took him to see his pediatrician today for a follow up checkup and he confirmed what the hospital had said. He is still not feeling well and I feel so terrible for him. I feel like I have been doing nothing but holding him for the last 3 days. My whole body is killing me. Hubby and Nino are being such big helpers, I don't know what I would do without them, they were here for us the whole entire time, I love my family!
Thank you so much for ALL of your prayers, its so great to know how loved and thought of we are!
^^^If you look at his face, the redness started out on his left cheek, but by morning, both of his cheeks looked like this (poor thing)

^^^Our baby tonight trying to get some rest
No comments:
Post a Comment