Saturday, June 6, 2009

He READS and SPELLS!

*Just a little brag, I'm so proud of my baby*

I can't get over my little Antonio. He is 4 years old and just amazes me more and more every day. I am not saying he can sit down and read a whole book... but my little baby is READING words. Lots of words! And spelling too!
I can no longer spell things out to my family, husband or friends so that he wouldn't know what I'm saying... because he knows exactly what I spell out every time! LOL.
We were at my parents house the other day and my dad said "Maybe we can go to the b.e.a.c.h. today" (spelling out the word beach) and Antonio replies... "YESSS I want to go to the beach!"
Tonight, Antonio is having a little sleepover with his cousins and my niece asked me if I wanted to play cards. I said "sure, but I will be much better off once Antonio goes to s.l.e.e.p." and Antonio said "Hey I know what you spelled! SLEEP!" These are just a few examples of what I'm talking about...
He also reads the shows that are on T.V. If I am flipping through the channels, he knows what is coming on before the picture shows up... its amazing. He knows his whole alphabet and all of his sounds and he is now putting them together.
Last year, when Antonio was 3, he read all the stores that we passed on the road... but I'm pretty sure he knew most of them because he recognized the writing or the symbol of the store (which is very smart too) but now he is reading and spelling words with no pictures. I'm so blessed and amazed that God has given me such a bright little boy! My mom said I was reading in kindergarten, looks like my baby is well on his way to doing that!

No comments: