Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Giovanni is sick for the first time :(

My poor Giovanni. Most "firsts" are wonderful. This one unfortunately is not :( As hard as I tried to prevent it, after being around so many people who were sick in the past few months, Giovanni woke up with the symptoms we were praying so hard he would not get.
Last night was a little rough. Giovanni did not do as well in his crib as he usually does most nights. I got around 1.5 hours of sleep because I was up all night holding and comforting my baby. It just seemed as if he did not want to sleep unless he was in my arms. He also felt a little warm to me. By 7a.m. I had no more energy and asked hubby if he can take over for a little while so I could get some rest. He is so great and of course said yes. I told him to keep his eye on Gio because although he was acting fine, he felt a little warm to me during the night. When I woke up from my nap, Josh had said Gio was being slightly cranky. I felt him and he felt really hot. I took his temperature and it was 101.4 and I got really upset [of course]. I quickly called the doctor to make an appointment and stripped him down to his diaper. I gave him Tylenol and put him in a luke warm bath for about 15 minutes which brought down his temperature. I was able to get his fever down to 99.1 right before I brought him in to the doctors office.
When we got there he was weighed. He now weighs 23lbs and 8oz. Exactly one pound more then last month :)
The doctor checked him out and his lungs sounded perfect and his ears looked great. When she got to the throat... it was not as good. She said his throat was extremely red and icky :( She said at his age, it is most likely viral. My mom was there with me and knew that although it is uncommon for such a young baby to get strep throat, it was not impossible... and since his throat was so red and icky, we requested a culture just to be safe.
Well, it came back positive for strep throat :(
My poor little tiny baby got strep throat at 7 months old. I feel so terrible. His temperature keeps coming back and I have to continue to repeat my steps to lower it. He is on an anti biotic so I pray this works quickly to get my baby better! Alternating Motrin and Tylenol as the doctor recommended, he feels better. We are all so worried about him. Antonio is being such a good, helpful big brother helping mommy and daddy out with everything.
____________________________________


Getting the fever down with a luke warm bath :(Before the doctors office:
At the doctors office:At home not feeling well :(

aww breaks my heart to see him this way :(
*In Jesus' name be healed!*

No comments: