Every time one of my children are born, I dedicate a song to them. Its my "special little thing" I do for them and it gets played on their christening day. The song I dedicated to Antonio was "Miracle" by Celine Dion (lyrics at end of blog). I dedicated that song to him because the words are just so perfect and explain exactly how I feel about him. To this day, every time I hear that song I cry because it just overwhelms me with wonderful memories and feelings I have for Antonio. I want to re-create this for Giovanni and I think I found the perfect song to dedicate to him. It is called "My Baby You" by Marc Anthony. I will play this song on Sunday at Gio's christening party and this will be my song to my Giovanni Gabriel.
"My Baby You"
By: Marc Anthony
For: Giovanni Gabriel
As i look into your eyes
I see all the reasons why
My life's worth a thousand skies.
You're the simplest love I've known
and the purest one I'll own...
know you'll never be alone.
My baby you
are the reason i could fly
and 'cause of you
I don't have to wonder why
Baby you
there's no more just getting by
You're the reason i feel so alive.
Though these words I say are true
they still fail to capture you
as mere words can only do.
How do I explain that smile
and how it turns my world around
keeping my feet on the ground.
My baby you
are the reason i could fly
and 'cause of you
I don't have to wonder why
Baby you
there's no more just getting by
You're the reason i feel so alive.
Oh, I will soothe you if you fall
I'll be right there if you call
You're my greatest love of all
___________________________________________
"Miracle"
By: Celine Dion
For: Antonio Thomas
You're my life's one miracle
Everything I've done that's good
And you break my heart with tenderness
And I confess it's true
I never knew a love like this 'til you
You're the reason I was born
Now I finally know for sure
And I'm overwhelmed with happiness
So blessed to hold you close
The one that I love most
Though the future has so much for you in store
Who could ever love you more?
The nearest thing to heaven
You're my angel from above
Only God creates such perfect love
When you smile at me I cry
And to save your life I'd die
With a romance that is pure in heart
You are my dearest part
Whatever it requires
I live for your desires
Forget my own, your needs will come before
Who could ever love you more?
There is nothing you could ever do
To make me stop loving you
And every breath I take
Is always for your sake
You sleep inside my dreams
And know for sure
Who could ever love you more?
"My Baby You"
By: Marc Anthony
For: Giovanni Gabriel
As i look into your eyes
I see all the reasons why
My life's worth a thousand skies.
You're the simplest love I've known
and the purest one I'll own...
know you'll never be alone.
My baby you
are the reason i could fly
and 'cause of you
I don't have to wonder why
Baby you
there's no more just getting by
You're the reason i feel so alive.
Though these words I say are true
they still fail to capture you
as mere words can only do.
How do I explain that smile
and how it turns my world around
keeping my feet on the ground.
My baby you
are the reason i could fly
and 'cause of you
I don't have to wonder why
Baby you
there's no more just getting by
You're the reason i feel so alive.
Oh, I will soothe you if you fall
I'll be right there if you call
You're my greatest love of all
___________________________________________
"Miracle"
By: Celine Dion
For: Antonio Thomas
You're my life's one miracle
Everything I've done that's good
And you break my heart with tenderness
And I confess it's true
I never knew a love like this 'til you
You're the reason I was born
Now I finally know for sure
And I'm overwhelmed with happiness
So blessed to hold you close
The one that I love most
Though the future has so much for you in store
Who could ever love you more?
The nearest thing to heaven
You're my angel from above
Only God creates such perfect love
When you smile at me I cry
And to save your life I'd die
With a romance that is pure in heart
You are my dearest part
Whatever it requires
I live for your desires
Forget my own, your needs will come before
Who could ever love you more?
There is nothing you could ever do
To make me stop loving you
And every breath I take
Is always for your sake
You sleep inside my dreams
And know for sure
Who could ever love you more?
No comments:
Post a Comment