Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Praying for our Future.

I can not see the future, only God can, but I was always comforted by the fact that my family and I live in the United States of America.
Never before was I worried about my child, future children and grandchildren living here because there were so many opportunities for them.
Although I will continue to teach my children about values and to always work hard for what they want to achieve in life, I can only pray our nation will not fall victim to socialism or over regulation where we will be forced to become a slave to our own government. I am scared now. I am scared for our future, our children's future and their children's future.

I am trying to keep the best attitude possible about this election, trying to reassure myself that things will not get that bad. I am very grateful that the Democrats did not win the Super Majority over the House and Senate. As of right now, I feel its our only savior. McCain was not the perfect candidate for any Republican. He got over 56 million votes and every one of them was a vote against Obama. His campaign was not good at all, but there was no way to compare the 85 million dollars he used with the 600 million dollars Obama used. There is no way to compete with that. Obama has already broken his first promise to America when he announced he would not use outside campaign, and he turned around and used outside campaign money.

BUT, if I am going to remain positive about all of this, I will have to give Barack Obama a chance and try to stand behind our new president. However, this does not mean I am going to stand behind things I do NOT believe in. I will not stand behind higher taxes to pay for an abundance of new government spending. I will not stand behind the Fairness Doctrine. I will not stand behind the Freedom of Choice Act. I will not stand behind the the Employee Free Choice Act. I will not stand behind government run health care. I will not stand behind Military spending cuts. I will not stand behind the government running every aspect of my (and my family's) life and our country, and most importantly, I will not stand behind giving up the American Dream so everyone can be handed what others have earned and worked hard for.

The best thing I can do is pray. I will pray for our Nation. I will pray for Obama. I will pray that God gives him the knowledge and means to make our nation better and not worse. "IN GOD WE TRUST"

No comments: