Monday, March 2, 2009

My 1st Prenatal Appt.

Today was my first prenatal doctors appointment. I was able to stay in bed until around 11am -then I had to drag myself to take a shower. I was really so excited to have my first visit so I pushed myself as much as I could. After throwing up my whole breakfast, I brushed my teeth and Josh, Antonio and I headed out. We met my mom and dad at the doctors office. Everything is going great so far. He prescribed me a different kind of medicine called Zofran for my nausea. I really hope it helps! I am 9 weeks and 5 days along today (10 weeks on Wednesday) and the doctor said you can't usually hear the heartbeat until 10 weeks but we can give it a try. Well, after a few minutes of listening to my own heartbeat....bump bump bump bump, there it was! Our little peanuts heartbeat came bumping through! We were all so happy to hear those little beats (around 160bpm) this early! Josh and Antonio had the biggest smiles on their faces and grandma started to cry of course.
As soon as I got home I got sick again and had to lay down. Thank GOD for my mom and husband, they are so helpful and I would definitely not be able to get through these weeks without them! They take such good care of me! My little Antonio too... he is so caring. I am hoping I start to feel better after week 12 because that's when I started to feel better when I was pregnant with Antonio. I'll be in good shape once I get past the nausea!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad all went well hun!! cant wait to find out what ur having <3

Karen said...

I've heard great things about Zofran from others, hope it works for you! Glad you had a good appt!

Anonymous said...

The doctor prescribed me that for nausea...it didnt work for me, Hope it works for you <3

JackieMomTo3 said...

yay what a great appt! i am sooo excited for you melissa, you fill my heart with happiness yay!!!!!